My Skin Care Routine

Hey guys! So, recently, I had not been taking care of my skin as well I should. I think a lot of it had to do with my past relationships & how they made me feel, so I just gave up. But now with a new, great relationship, it leaves you wanting to feel beautiful all the time! So I decided to step it up & try out some new ideas for my skin. I'll probably continue to experiment, but I definitely noticed a difference after starting my new routine, which I am going to share with you!


A good exfoliator. This one is by Philosophy.
8 oz. bottle sold for $28 at Sephora.
Here are the items you will need:
Clean & clear day & night cleansers.
Sold at Walmart for $8.97 for the pair.

Witch hazel is a natural astringent,
which is what facial toners are.
This part is optional, but a good idea.
Facial spray containing rose water aids in
hydrating your skin, as well as removing oil
& dirt in clogged pores. Bonus: it smells awesome!
Mario Badescu Facial Spray is available at Ulta.
4 oz. bottle for $7.
Activated charcoal soap.
Another good one is African Black Soap.
This one is $3.33 at Target.
Aloe Vera Gel aids in
shrinking your pores!
Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix 1 part vinegar
with 5 parts water into a spray bottle.
A good moisturizer is a MUST!
This one is $4.99 at Target.
I use all of these products! Now, one VERY important thing to remember is that none of this stuff with help your skin unless you do one very important thing: WATCH YOUR DIET!!! Drink more water, drink LESS soda, eat LESS sugar! I'm telling you, I started drinking more water (thanks to Juan because that's all he drinks) & my skin has done amazing things along with the combination of these products! The best part is, most of these products are all natural & do not contain harmful chemicals. I hate drinking plain water, so I went out & bought an infused water bottle like this:
The center holds your fruit (I love blueberries, strawberries, lemons, & oranges) & you put water in it, put it in the fridge overnight & drink it the next day! It makes it delicious! Granted, I cannot live without my caffeine, so I limit myself to one soda or one cup of coffee a day. I used to drink coffee everyday, but now I just drink coffee like twice a week & start out my day with water. When I finish my water, I reward myself with a soda. Then I continue to drink water throughout the day. Anyway, enough about water! Let's get down to the skincare routine:

Morning:
  • Wash with the morning time cleanser everyday.
  • Follow up with the charcoal cleaners every other day.
  • Use your witch hazel as a toner. Use a cotton pad.
  • Let your face dry, then follow up with your moisturizer.
  • Spray with your rose water facial spray. (Learn how to make your own rosewater facial spray here: DIY Rosewater Toner
Night:
  • Apply a mask to your face once a week.
  • Wash with the night time cleanser everyday.
  • Exfoliate every other day.
  • Use your ACV/water mixture as a toner. Use a cotton pad.
  • Let your face dry. Use the Aloe Vera gel as a moisturizer.
  • Go to bed & be sure you are washing the Aloe Vera gel off in the morning (you should be washing your face anyway!).
Also, be sure to change your sheets & pillow cases once a week to fresh, clean ones. It's always a good idea to have two sets of sheets & pillow cases, & keep one clean at all times!

Anyway, that concludes my skin-care routine. Did you try it? Did it work for you? Leave a comment below & let me know what else works great for you!

Comments

Popular Posts