Favorite Drugstore Makeup

Okay, so, first blog post. Yay! I am going to talk about some of my FAVORITE drugstore makeup. For anyone who doesn't know, I LOVE makeup. I love experimenting, watching makeup tutorials (BTW, my favorite is NikkiTutorials so you should check her out on YouTube!), and trying to follow tutorials. Here's a few examples of some looks I have done!


 
 


Splurging on makeup at Ulta or Sephora is probably one of my favorite ways of exercising retail therapy, but, let's get real... sometimes we don't have the money for a $40 foundation. Some drugstore products work just as good too! I am going to list them in order of how I apply my makeup (for example, I do my primer first, then foundation, then eyebrows, & so on). Granted, in these pictures, I am wearing a lot of high-end makeup (especially eye shadow, I do not buy drug-store eyeshadow due to lack of pigmentation & blend-ability). So, let's get started!

Primer
Image result for drugstore primer
Maybelline Master Prime
$7.94 @ Walmart
Image result for nivea men post shave balm
Nivea Men Post Shave Balm
$5.54 @ Walmart
Okay, so the Maybelline Master Prime is a very good drugstore primer! It's comparable to Laura Mercier primer. It made my makeup stay on all day! Now if you are looking for a cheap way to keep your makeup on all day as well as a product that will last you a while, Nivea Men post shave balm is actually pretty awesome! It contains glycerine, which is a great moisturizer & holds anything you put to your face. You will just smell like a guy (but who doesn't love that?).

Foundation
Related image
$10.09 @ Target
Related image
Maybelline Fit Me!
$5.89 @ Target
Both of these are amazing! The L'Oreal Infallible is probably my favorite, but even the lightest shade looks pink on me! :( So I switched to Maybelline Fit Me (whenever I'm NOT using high-end, of course), & the color looks better on me. I like to use a matte foundation because I like how it looks better on my face & I tend to get oily skin. Plus, my pores are always HUGE, so the matte + poreless is the best one for me.

Eyebrows

Image result for elf eyebrow kit
e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit
$3 @ Ulta, Target, & Walmart

Image result for nyx eyebrow
NYX Tame & Frame
$6.99 @ Ulta














The e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit was the very first brow product I used that wasn't a pencil. I did not use the little brush that came with it. Instead, I used an angled brush with a longer handle. I can't deal with those small brushes. Morphe has awesome brushes for cheap (downside: you can't find Morphe in stores, you have to order it) & the Flower E02 brush is great as well (which you can find at Walmart or Target). The NYX Tame & Frame is comparable to Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip-Brow Pomade (which is my absolute favorite, but it's $18). It tends to dry out faster than ABH, but hey, you get what you pay for right? It's a great dupe & works the same.

Concealer

Image result for maybelline master concealer
Maybelline Master Conceal
$6.39 @ Target

Image result for hard candy concealer
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer
$6 @ Walmart
Maybelline Master Conceal was the first concealer I fell in love with. It has high coverage & doesn't feel cakey! Hard Candy Glamoflauge is one that I will always stick to. It's bigger than Maybelline, yet works just as good, & a little cheaper. It's got very nice coverage with no cakey feeling. Only downside is it kind of stinks, but nothing horrible. I have also heard very good things about Maybelline Instant Age Rewind ($7.89 @ Target) but I tried it, & even the lightest shade hardly showed up on my foundation (I like it to be a little lighter for highlighting purposes), so I quit using it.

Powder

Image result for airspun
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder
$5.97 @ Walmart
Image result for maybelline fit me powder
Maybelline Fit Me! Compressed Powder
$5.79 @ Target















Coty Airspun powder is my favorite loose powder to set my concealer with. However, my son got into that "get into everything" stage & has opened numerous of these over the course of two years & spilled them all over my floor, so I switched to a compressed powder. The Maybelline Fit Me powder is awesome! I just take a compressed brush, rub it into the powder, & set my concealer real good, set the rest of my face lightly, then let it sit while I do something else & brush off any remnants later.

& like I said, I don't use drugstore eyeshadow, so I am skipping over that part.

Eyeliner


Image result for nyx liquid eyeliner
NYX Liquid Eyeliner
$6.99 @ Ulta
I do not like to use any other eyeliner besides this one. Not even high end. This is my holy grail eyeliner, I swear. It doesn't dry out & it's BLACK. Not barely black. & it goes on smoothly on top of your eyeshadow. & it's got a very fine brush to make your eyeliner SHARP AF. Get it. It will save your life.

I don't use drugstore bronzer, so SKIP.

Highlighter

Image result for makeup revolution highlighter
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter
$6 @ Ulta
Makeup Revolution outdid themselves with this product. This was the first highlighter I fell in love with. It makes you look like a disco ball, I swear. You will thank me for this one.

Blush

Image result for milani baked blush
Milani Baked Blush
$6.39 @ Target
I absolutely love this blush. I don't use high end blush because I don't even see the point really... This one works great! A lot of professional makeup artists use this blush. My favorite color is Luminoso. It lasts a long time too!

Mascara

Image result for lash paradise
L'Oreal Lash Paradise
$7.39 @ Target
This mascara may look familiar to you if you are a makeup guru. Because it looks like Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. It's a great dupe! & it works amazingly! I am using this right now (every day, even if I don't wear a full face of makeup I STILL always put on some mascara because my eyelashes are so light & thin). Definitely a good investment!

Lipstick

Image result for nyx liquid lipstick
NYX Liquid Lingerie Lipstick
$6.99 @ Ulta
Image result for colourpop lipstick
Colourpop Liquid Lipstick
$6.50 on colourpop.com
Both of these choices are great! My all-time favorite lipstick is, of course, high end (Too Faced Melted) but these are really good dupes! With colourpop, you have to order it online, but if you sign up to receive emails from them, they send you a $5 off coupon, which brings these babies down to $1.50! NYX Lingerie lippies are only made in neutral colors (that's more of my preference) but NYX also makes a good line of liquid lippies in various colors called Liquid Suede. I find both of these brands to be sort of drying on your lips, but a good sugar scrub for your lips & then some moisturizer should help!

I also only use high-end setting spray (UD All Nighter) so we are skipping that part as well...

& we are done! That concludes my favorite drugstore makeup products. Do you agree with some of these? What are some of your favorite drugstore makeup products?

Comments

Popular Posts