My "Five Senses" Gifts for My Boyfriend's Birthday


Juan just turned 27 & I had spent a while contemplating on what to get him. He gave me some ideas, but after going back & forth, I finally decided what I was going to do for him. I was going to do the "Five Senses" gifts. If you haven't heard of it, it's where you get five gifts, one for each sense (touch, sight, smell, hearing, & taste), & you put it together & make like a card or something that says "I love you with all my senses" or "Being with you makes perfect sense". I have been documenting this since two weeks before his birthday, but I'm not posting it until after his birthday because of course, I don't want him to see it! & because I am waiting on all of his gifts to arrive so I can put it all together. But I have started working on it! & everything that is in this box is pretty much everything that he has said he has wanted. I just found ways to incorporate them into the "Five Senses" gift. So I know he will love it!
So first, I got a box & I wrapped it in black butcher paper (the box & lid separate so he can remove the lid).
 & yeah, it looks rough, but it's supposed to. That's part of the concept I am doing. Basically it's boring & dull on the outside because it represents my life before him.
Then I taped a cute little note to the top that says "For your birthday, I got you this box. I hope you fit!" just to add a little humor to it ;)

But when you open it, this is what is on the other side of the lid...
See? Now it's getting colorful & not boring! This represents my life with him.
Then when I received his gifts, I put them in colorful paper bags with black tissue paper, put labels on them, & put them in the box & sprinkled colorful confetti to make it more fun lol.
For his gifts, this is what I got him for each one:

1. Touch--coupons


2. Sight--a patch that he wanted.





3. Sound--an Ozark mug with an Eagles decal (to hear his tea filling his cup & the sound of Texans hating on him) he also said he wanted a mug but you know, I gotta be extra ;) (yes, he is an Eagles fan).



4. Taste--a gift card to The Flying Saucer Brewery in Fort Worth (he LOVES breweries & he said he wanted to go there.)

 


5. Smell--my favorite: a leather RFID wallet that is personalized. He wanted an RFID wallet, so I figured, why not add a little personalized touch to it?

& here is what the whole box looks like. Plus a note on top for him to read before opening his gifts :)

So there's my man's birthday for this year. I like to get creative & try to go all out for birthdays. Idk why lol I just do. & by the way, he LOVED everything! I'd say it was a success :)

Comments

Popular Posts